Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Newly Revitalized 45,000 Sq. Ft. store next to Whitehall Mall in the former Toys-R-Us Building, set for Thursday, October 22nd, at 12:00 noon.
WHITEHALL, PA; OCTOBER 2020 – Lomax Carpet & Tile Mart, one of the leading independent flooring retailers in the U.S., will celebrate the opening of its newest Flooring Superstore in Lehigh Valley, located in the former Toys ‘R Us near Whitehall Mall, with a Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening Ceremony.
WHEN: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 • 12:00pm
WHERE: 955 Grape St., Whitehall, PA 18052
In the former Toys ‘R Us location “Whitehall Mall”
“We’re thrilled to be able to bring a higher level of selection, savings, service, and an enhanced shopping experience to flooring customers in the Lehigh Valley with our new store in Whitehall, Pennsylvania.” said Michael Longwill, Carpet & Tile Mart President, and 3rd generation Owner/Operator of the family-owned company. “We look forward to building on 100+ years of providing incredible flooring at exceptional value pricing by serving customers throughout the region from Bethlehem to Coopersburg, Fogelsville to Schnecksville, Nazareth to Easton, Northampton to Hellertown, plus every community in-between.” Longwill said.
The new Lomax Carpet & Tile Mart store will occupy 45,000 square feet in the former Toys ‘R Us location in Whitehall. The building has undergone extensive renovations to create a bright, open shopping environment that is filled with every type of flooring imaginable.
“This location provides a perfect opportunity for us to expand our services into the Lehigh Valley market as it extends the reach of our stores in Reading, Pottstown, and Montgomeryville, PA.,” said Michael Longwill. “It’s been great to resurrect a beloved Toys ‘R Us building and restore it into a great place for flooring consumers to shop and save… while generating new jobs and contributing to the tax base of the local community.”
The new state-of-the-art Flooring Superstore will feature:
- A massive in-stock Carpet Roll Goods selection, where customers can select their carpet right from the full roll and either have it bound to take home today – or schedule full-service, professional in-home measuring and installation services.
- An extensive Oriental & Area Rug department with more shapes and sizes, from smaller scatters to 10’x14’ mansion sizes, displayed on motorized hanging arms where the rug can easily be dropped to the floor for viewing.
- The area’s largest Soft Surface Carpet Design Center – Featuring top brands like Karastan, Mohawk, Masland, Nourison, Nubrisa, and the latest carpet innovations from DuPont like SmartStrand with All-Pet Protection.
- The area’s largest Hard Surface flooring selection featuring hundreds of in-stock Hardwoods, Laminates, Waterproof LVT & LVP, Ceramic Tile and Natural Stone floors from the biggest names in the industry like Armstrong, Bruce, Shaw, Congoleum, Mannington, Tarkett, Pergo, and Nubrisa, displayed on large A-frame racks and pallets, with product ready to be taken home today or installed right away.
- DalTile Gallery experience – The world’s largest manufacturer of tile.
- An impressive Hall and Stair runner department featuring an unbeatable selection of patterns, colors and designs for your unique staircase and hallways.
- Custom Marble, Granite, and Quartz Countertop services.
Carpet & Tile Mart has a long history of flooring customers in the region, operating Flooring Superstores in markets across Southeastern PA from Philadelphia to Mechanicsburg. The company, founded in 1967 in a Quonset hut on the Air National Guard base in New Castle, Delaware, has been family-owned and operated for over five decades. You may recall there was a Carpet & Tile Mart store on MacArthur Rd. in the 1980s in the current Ashley Furniture building – we’re excited to be back in Lehigh Valley.
“My grandfather, Sam Longwill, started our company back in 1967, and my father Richard expanded the business through the 1980’s and 90’s, eventually acquiring Lomax Rug Company who had been flooring Philadelphia since 1895!” said Michael Longwill. “Today I am both proud and thrilled to be able to build upon our incredible combination of vast selection, unbeatable buys and exceptional service for today’s and future generations of flooring customers from our new store in Whitehall.”
To coincide with the Grand Opening of its new Whitehall, PA, store the company is launching a campaign in cooperation with Project Hope to support their U.S.-based COVID-19 relief efforts and healthcare workers in our communities.
Lomax Carpet & Tile Mart has committed to DONATE 1% of sales from the Whitehall store during the initial 30 days of operations following the Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting ceremony directly to the Project Hope organization to support their ability to serve those in need.
“We believe in the positive message and efforts of this organization,” said Longwill, “and are committed to giving back through organizations which in turn directly serves and supports our local community.”
ABOUT CARPET & TILE MART:
Carpet & Tile Mart is a 12-store chain of big-box, Flooring Superstores headquartered in New Castle, Delaware. The chain, founded in 1967 as Airbase Carpet Mart, today serves markets in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and South Carolina, from huge football field sized warehouse-showrooms that carry the Airbase, Lomax, and Carpet & Tile Mart brand names. For additional information visit: www.carpetmart.com.
Information provided to TVL by:
Lehigh Valley Chamber