NOMINATIONS NOW BEING SOUGHT FOR ARTS OVATION
Allentown Arts Commission’s 27th Award Reception
May 14, 2015
Nominations due February 27, 2015
(Allentown PA) –January 27, 2015 – The Allentown Arts Commission is pleased to announce that nominations are now being requested for awards to be presented at the Allentown Arts Commission’s Annual Reception
The public is invited to submit their nominations in writing or via email in the following categories:
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN VISUAL ARTS: may be an individual and/or arts organizations
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN PERFORMING ARTS: may be an individual and/or arts organizations
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN LITERARY ARTS: may be an individual and/or arts organizations
- OUTSTANDING SERVICE: may be an individual who has had a major impact on the arts through exceptional, volunteering, or leadership
- OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPIST: may be an individual, business, corporation, or foundation that has provided extraordinary support for the arts
- OUTSTANDING TEACHER IN THE ARTS: an individual who has taught the arts in K-12 education or in higher education and has had an outstanding impact on their students in the Allentown community.
- EMERGING ARTIST: an award given for an emerging talent.
Only fully completed nomination forms will be considered.
The established guidelines state that to be eligible for awards the achievement of arts organizations or individuals must have had a significant and positive impact on the citizens of Allentown and the quality of life throughout the city. Award recipients will be selected from the nominations received by the Allentown Arts Commission and its Arts Ovation committee.
Nominations must be submitted no later than February 27, 2015. Each nomination must include:
Name, address, phone number and email of the nominee
- Category in which the nomination is being made.
- A brief summary stating why the nominee meets the qualifications for the award
- Name, address, phone number and email of the nominator.
Applications for nominations are available
or request one via e-mail
Sharon Glassman, Chair
Allentown Arts Commission