Story & Photographs by Diane Fleischman

It was a grueling first quarter as both teams almost remained scoreless.  With 47 seconds left on the clock, the Steelhawks scored a field goal at the close of the quarter.  One thing for certain, the Georgia Firebirds brought a strong defensive line. 

The Steelhawks entered the second quarter with an interception from Rodney Hall Jr., and showed the Firebirds the strength of their defense.  The Steelhawks were fired up and scored another touchdown and field goal, and with less then five minutes left in the first half, the Firebirds scored their first touchdown and field goal.  With just 4:05 minutes left, Steelhawks received the ball, with Brandon Renford making an amazing 50 yard run for the touchdown. The Firebirds scrambled to get back on the scoreboard with a field goal, bringing the score to 16-10.  As the clock ran down, the Steelhawks  gave it everything they had,  a touchdown scored by Warren Smith Jr., and a Firebird fumble recovered by the Steelhawks’ Warren Oliver Jr.  The half closed with the score of 30-15, the Steelhawks in the lead. 

As the 3rd quarter began, Oliver Jr., barreled down the field scoring another touchdown for the Steelhawks, followed by a score by the Firebirds, then another touchdown for the Steelhawks, and Hall Jr., intercepted a Firebirds ball closing the quarter with the score 43-17. 

The Firebirds scored at the beginning of the 4th quarter, then Renford runs the next Steelhawks touchdown, followed by the Firebirds last touchdown of the game, which brought the score to 50-31. The final touchdown for the Steelhawks was by Darius Prince, a victorious day for the Steelhawks, with a final score of 56-31. 

Next home game for the Steelhawks is Saturday, April 29th.

**Don’t forget the Steelhawk Challenges!**

Win or lose, if the Steelhawks score or over 50 points, all Domino’s online pizza orders are 50% off, up to 3 days after the game!  (use code SH50).

With a Steelhawks win, your ticket is worth a free slice of pizza from Big Woodys, up to 3 days after the game.