From Sunset Mango Shrimp to Strawberry Topped Waffles & Ice Cream, ‘festers can vote for their favorite food from 40 different vendors
As Musikfest returns for its 35th year, red wine braised short rib poutine; curry chicken on naan bread; Caribbean tamales; pesto and Havarti grilled cheese; and crab corn chowder are among the more than 350 delicious eats and treats that attendees can enjoy at the festival Aug. 3-12.
With more than 40 different food vendors at nearly 60 locations scattered throughout the north and south sides of the festival, Musikfest is spicing up the tasty lineup this year with a healthy dose of competition. As ‘festers dine on everything from vegan gyros to pig candy bacon, they can vote for each vendor’s signature dish in the inaugural Musikfest Hungry Games, where the top dish will be crowned as the fest favorite for 2018 and the winning food vendor will receive a glass trophy handblown by ArtsQuest’s Glass Studio artists.
Just a few of the featured dishes are:
- Pies To Die For Café’s “Apple Pie In a Cone,” topped with whipped cream and sprinkles or a heaping scoop of ice cream.
- Carolina Barbecue’s “Pulled Pork Sandwich” made with slow roasted Boston pork butt and special rub, topped with slaw and choice of sauce.
- NEW – Caribbean Islands Cuisine’s award-winning “The BIG Jerk” which weighs in at 2+ lbs. and features layers of tortilla chips, rice & beans, shredded jerk chicken, lettuce and Caribbean cheddar cheese sauce topped with fresh Pico de Gallo.
- NEW – Sherri’s Crab Cakes’“Original Crab Cake Sandwich” loaded with real lump and jumbo lump crab meat mixed with signature spices.
- NEW – Van Pelt Hot Dog Co.’s “Traditional Chicago Dog” topped with sliced tomatoes, dill pickle spear, chopped onion, very green relish, yellow mustard, pickled sport peppers and a touch of celery salt on a fresh baked poppy seed roll.
- Island Expressions’“Sunset Mango Shrimp” over saffron rice with diced red bell pepper and mango.
- Fud Truck’s“The Brown and White” house-made roast beef sandwich with local white cheddar, roasted garlic aioli and caramelized onions.
For the Hungry Games, every 2018 food vendor was asked to submit one “signature” dish for the competition. The complete list of food challengers and voting details will be announced in the weeks to come.
This year’s festival also features six new food vendors including The Flying V Food Truck, which serves up fresh cut fries and poutine; Big Country Concessions offering ice cream and other treats; and Auntie Anne’s Pretzels with sweet and savory pretzels and the popular pretzel dog. Plus, fest favorites like The Bethlehem Dairy Store, known by locals as “The Cup,” and “Aw Shucks” Corn are back, as are local icons like Grumpy’s Bar-B-Que Roadhouse of Allentown and Hellertown Crossroads Hotel.
For the complete list of Musikfest food vendors and menus visit www.musikfest.org/app for all Apple iOS and Android operating systems, starting July 1. Features include personalized schedule creation, opportunities to win Musikfest tickets, an interactive festival map and more.. Or, download the free Musikfest App presented by PNC Bank, available at
One of the largest music festivals in the nation, Musikfest features more than 500 performances on 16 stages throughout Bethlehem over 10 days. Proceeds from Musikfest 2018 will support ArtsQuest’s free concerts and programming for the community year-round at the Banana Factory arts center and the SteelStacks arts and cultural campus. Dates for the 35th edition of the festival are Aug. 3-12; for more info visit
Editor’s Note: Attached are three images of Musikfest food vendors’ submissions for Musikfest Hungry Games.
Information provided to TVL by:
Mark Demko, ArtsQuest