Click flags above for Spanish or English page translation. Click Play below to listen to this article. Haga clic en las banderas de arriba para traducir la página en español o inglés Haga clic en Reproducir a continuación para escuchar este artículo.
The Excellence in Business Awards was held on Thursday, June 20th at the ArtsQuest center. These annual awards are presented by the Small Business Council joined with the LGBT Business Council, Women’s Business Council, Ambassador Council, Young Professionals Council, African American Business Leaders Council, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and Nonprofit & Business Partners Council to companies which exemplify excellence in business, supported by their mission statement, chamber and community involvement, customer satisfaction, and their demonstrated commitment to: quality, leadership, marketing, training and development.
Excellence Awards were given to:
- Ambassador Award – Countess Communications
- Business 1-25 employees (Small Business Award) – Alloy5 Architecture
- Business 26-100 employees (Small Business Award) – Jerdon Construction Services LLC
- Future Leader of the Lehigh Valley – Jonathan Huerta
- LGBT Business of the Year – Grey Salon
- Outstanding Woman in Business – Lois Arciszewski
- African American Business/Person of the Year – Meloney Sallie-Dosunmu
- Hispanic Business/Person of the Year – Genesis Ortega
- Nonprofit & Business Partners Council Business of the Year – Moravian College
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lee Butz
The mission of The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce is to improve the economy and quality of life in the Lehigh Valley Metropolitan Area. We accomplish this through business-to-business networking events and marketing products, affinity programs and exclusive, money saving member benefits, training programs, government affairs initiatives and public policy advocacy, and community development enterprises. With nearly 5,000 members who employ more than 200,000, the Chamber is the largest in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and in the top ten nationwide. If you are interested in finding out more about how your business can benefit from membership with the Chamber, please visit http://www.lehighvalleychamber.org/