Click flags above for Spanish or English page translation. Click Play below to listen to this article. Haga clic en las banderas de arriba para traducir la página en español o inglés Haga clic en Reproducir a continuación para escuchar este artículo.
Bethlehem-based holiday festival kicks off its 27th year with extended hours, pet photo sessions with St. Nick and more
Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem presented by Univest Financial, the popular holiday festival that takes place at SteelStacks in Bethlehem, gets underway Fri., Nov. 22, 11 a.m.
During the five-weekend run, experience old-world charm while strolling the aisles of handmade works from some of the nation’s finest artisans – including 30 new participants, with vendors coming from 10 states.
Twice recognized as one of the top holiday markets in the nation by Travel + Leisure, and nominated this year as one of the top holiday markets in North America by USA TODAY’s 10Best Readers’ Choice competition, Christkindlmarkt also showcases:
– New outdoor artisan huts, fire pits and igloos on PNC Plaza
– New pet photo sessions with St. Nicholas, Nov. 22 & Dec. 6, 5:30-7 p.m.
– Ice carving and glassblowing demos
– Handmade nutcrackers, ornaments and collectables by Germany’s Käthe Wohlfahrt
– The heart-warming sounds of live holiday music
– Food vendors, like Waffle De Lys and The Flying V, serving up European favorites like Belgian waffles, Buffalo Chicken Poutine, Bacon Poutine and Holidays Poutine Special
Dates & Hours:
Nov. 29-Dec. 1
Dec. 5-8, 12-15 & 19-22
NEW! Saturdays, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. (opening hour earlier)
NEW! Sundays, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Thursdays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fridays, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
$10 for ages 13 and older; $6 for ages 6-12; free for ages 5 and under
Christkindlmarkt is located at PNC Plaza at SteelStacks, 645 E. First St., Bethlehem. For tickets and more information, visit www.christmascity.org.
Information provided to TVL by:
Mark Demko, ArtsQuest