The Nazareth Area Chamber of Commerce, a proud partner of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, is gearing up for a fun-filled holiday weekend in the Borough of Nazareth. “We are very excited for the Tree Lighting Ceremony and Christmas in Nazareth,” commented Nicole Miles, manager of the Nazareth Area Chamber of Commerce. “Bringing together the Nazareth community for such a wonderful two-day event makes this time of year extra special. Lighting the tree with the help of All Things Brielle, DJ Reilly, our Chamber spokespeople, local officials, and Nazareth Moravian Church on their 275th Anniversary, and pulling together a fantastic community-wide Christmas in Nazareth celebration on Saturday really highlights the historical importance of Nazareth and the contemporary advantage of living here. We hope all Nazareth residents, as well as our neighbors throughout the Lehigh Valley, will come out to enjoy the numerous events and festivities on December 9th and 10th. It is the perfect way to get fully into the holiday spirit.”
On Friday, December 9th, the Nazareth Tree Lighting Ceremony will be held in the Borough’s Center Circle at 7 PM. The evening will feature performances by All Things Brielle and music by Reilly Entertainment Group, remarks from Elected Officials, holiday characters, a prayer from Pastor Derek French of Nazareth Moravian Church, and, of course, a surprise visit from Santa Claus & Mrs. Claus! After the ceremony, attendees will have the chance to take their photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus. The celebration will include complimentary hot chocolate, hand warmers, and giveaways for the kids. A limited number of each is available and items will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Prior to the start of the ceremony, Nazareth Center for the Arts invites you to the opening reception of their “JOY” Group Art Exhibit from 5 PM – 7 PM, with an award ceremony at 6pm. Caroling groups will be filling the air with holiday cheer prior to the 7pm Tree Lighting, as well.
The holidays are also about giving; therefore, attendees are asked to bring either canned food or boxed tissues to the Tree Lighting Ceremony for the Nazareth Area Food Bank, as part of the Pop-Up Food Drive organized by Troop 76.
On Saturday, December 10th, Christmas in Nazareth will take place from 10 AM – 3 PM. With the Elf Trail, vendors, performances, ice carving, holiday characters, and more – there is something for the entire family! There will be free parking on December 10th throughout town. In addition, a shuttle, sponsored by Easton Coach Company, will drive attendees to five different stops throughout the Borough. Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity, Moravian Historical Society, Nazareth Center for the Arts, Nazareth Moravian Church, Nazareth Economic Development Corporation’s Farmers’ Market on the Circle, Nazareth YMCA, and Vigilance Hose Co. #1 will be hosting festive activities for guests to enjoy. A variety of student groups from the Nazareth Area School District will also perform throughout the day at these locations. Be sure to visit The Chamber’s tent in the YMCA Vendor Alley parking lot for giveaways for the kids! Stop by from 1 PM – 3 PM to see the ice carver sponsored by Lehigh Valley Health Network.
As guests make their way throughout the Borough, they also have the chance to win prizes from local businesses and organizations involved with this year’s Elf Trail presented in partnership with Truist. The 2022 passport encourages visitors to find a hidden elf within fifteen participating businesses, many of whom offer an activity or special discount to Elf Trail hunters. The Elf Trail will take place from 11:30 AM – 3 PM. After getting every stop on their passport stamped, attendees can drop their completed passport through the mail slot of the Nazareth Area Chamber Office (18 S. Main St. Nazareth, PA 18064) to be entered to win prizes from local businesses.
When: Please note these events will be held rain or shine.
- Nazareth Tree Lighting Ceremony – Friday, December 9th at 7 PM
- Christmas in Nazareth – Saturday, December 10th from 10 AM – 3 PM
- Nazareth Tree Lighting Ceremony – Center Circle in the Borough of Nazareth
- Christmas in Nazareth – Throughout the Borough of Nazareth (Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity, Moravian Historical Society, Nazareth Center for the Arts, Nazareth Moravian Church, Nazareth Economic Development Corporation (Farmers Market in the Circle), Nazareth YMCA Parking Lot, Vigilance Hose Co. #1, and participating Elf Trail businesses/organizations)
For a full schedule of events visit our website.
Pricing Information: All events are free to attend. Items from vendors will be available for purchase.
- Ice Carver Sponsor: Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Toy Giveaway Sponsor: Artistic Toys & Promotions & Mario Andretti
- Character Sponsors: Dr. Susan’s pH Integrative Health & Wellness and Every Ribbon Counts Foundation, & Weis Market
- Elf Trail Presenting Sponsor: Truist
- Warm Hands Sponsor: Nazareth Mutual Insurance
- Shuttle Sponsor: Easton Coach Company
- Vendor Alley Sponsor: Nazareth YMCA
- Santa’s Ride Sponsor: Vigilance Hose Co. #1
- Comfort Station Sponsors: Bobbie Colondo Massage Therapy & Mayor Lance Colondo
- Photography Sponsor: Mike Robinson Productions
- Main Street Sponsor: Keystone Consulting Engineers,
- Decoration Sponsors: Force Gymnastics, Nazareth Hometown Hardware, Stofanak Custom Cabinetry, JP Mascaro & Sons, ESSA Bank, Nazareth Army & Navy, & Embassy Bank
- Print Sponsor: Fast Signs of Easton
- Entertainment Sponsor: All Things Breille & Reilly Entertainment Group
Interested in getting involved with or supporting the Nazareth Area Chamber? Contact either Jessica O’Donnell-Gower (JessicaO@lehighvalleychamber.org) or Nicole Miles (NicoleM@lehighvalleychamber.org) or Kate Hartney (KateH@lehighvalleychamber.org) for more information.
About the Chamber: The mission of The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce is to improve the economy and quality of life in the Lehigh Valley Metropolitan Area. We accomplish this through business-to-business networking events and marketing products, affinity programs and exclusive, money saving member benefits, training programs, government affairs initiatives and public policy advocacy, and community development enterprises. With nearly 5,000 members who employ more than 200,000, the Chamber is the largest in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and in the top ten nationwide.
Information provided to TVL by:
Manager of Affiliated Chambers
Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce