County Executive Lamont G. McClure and the Northampton County Drug and Alcohol Division announced today that nine Northampton County locations will have Narcan Distribution Boxes installed to allow community members to access Narcan, a lifesaving overdose reversing medication, for free.
This new effort to combat fentanyl in our community was announced at a press conference today that commemorated the County’s Fake is Real campaign. These local distribution boxes will contain two free doses of Narcan nasal spray in each box and instructions on how to administer the spray in both English and Spanish. This life-saving intervention can rapidly restore breathing and give people a second chance at life.
The Fake is Real campaign is funded from the proceeds that the County secured from litigation against opioid manufacturers. Funding from the settlement allows the County to strengthen its response to the ongoing epidemic, raise awareness to prevent addiction, and offer services to treat it. This campaign puts the spotlight on the very real dangers of accidental overdose deaths related to fentanyl through our wide-reaching social media and billboard announcements. In 2023, Northampton County distributed 1,378 Narcan kits.
For more information on Northampton County’s Fake is Real campaign, please visit fakeisreal.org.
- Rotunda of the Government Center – 669 Washington Street, Easton, PA
- Entrance of the Human Services Building – 2801 Emrick Blvd., Bethlehem, PA
- Entrance of Gracedale Nursing Home – 2 Gracedale Ave, Nazareth, PA
- Entrance of the Domestic Relations Building – 126 S. Union St, Easton, PA
- Entrance of the Juvenile Justice Center – 650 Ferry St, Easton, PA
- Entrance of the Criminal Administration Building – 105 South Union Street, Easton, PA
- Entrance of the County Prison & Inside Intake Department – 666 Walnut St, Easton, PA
- Entrance of the Palmer Recovery Center – 2906 William Penn Highway, Easton, PA
- Entrance of the Hope Center – 429 E. Broad Street, Bethlehem, PA
Available Starting Friday, February 2, 2024
Information provided to TVL by:
County of Northampton
669 Washington Street
Easton, PA 18042