Tickets still available for popular culinary fundraiser at SteelStacks Jan. 26
BETHLEHEM, PA— Warm up your winter and join ArtsQuest for a “souper” tasty fundraiser as more than 20 Lehigh Valley chefs bring their best creations to SteelStacks’ annual Souper Bowl Jan 26. Sample everything from outstanding savory recipes like mushroom soup with a truffle butternut squash puree and candied shitake mushroom, to daring sweet creations like pear ginger soup and Dominican hot chocolate.
Tickets for the popular event, held at the ArtsQuest Center’s Musikfest Café presented by Yuengling, are on sale at www.steelstacks.org and 610-332-3378, but act fast as only a limited number remain. General admission tickets are $34 for ArtsQuest Members and $39 for the public; VIP tasting tickets for the 11-noon VIP session are sold out!
During the Souper Bowl, which takes place from noon-3 p.m., the public can taste all the delicious soups presented by restaurants and caterers from throughout the region. After sampling, guests can then vote for their favorites, with the winning restaurant named the Souper Bowl Champion! In addition, a panel of judges will sample all the soups and award the best entries in six different categories including Vegetarian, Seafood-based, Cream-based, Meat-based, Ethnic and Most Original.
The afternoon also features live entertainment from Hot Club of Philadelphia and a raffle that includes prizes donated by the participating restaurants.
The complete list of 2019 Souper Bowl participants, and some of the soups they will be sharing, is:
- Almost Home Catering – Cream of Crab
- ArtsQuest Center Culinary Team by Levy – Hunter’s Stew
- Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School Culinary Arts Students – Roasted Pumpkin Bisque with Smoked Gouda, Puerto Rican Sancocho & Vegan Coconut Yellow Curry Soup
- Café The Lodge – Chicken Paprikash with Spätzle
- Cathy’s Creative Catering and Cafe – Reuben Soup & Sweet Potato Casserole Soup
- Estelle’s Catering – Canadian Cheese Soup with Pumpernickel Croutons
- Fegley’s Bethlehem Brew Works – Cream of Beef Bacon Brussel
- Forks Mediterranean Deli – Yogurt and Fig Soup & Mixed Bean Soup
- Iron Lakes Country Club – Pear Ginger Soup & Dominican Hot Chocolate
- Joe’s Tavern
- Johnny’s Bagels and Deli – Lobster Bisque, Broccoli Cheddar & Ash-e-jo, a Persian barley herb soup
- Mainland Grille – Tirami-Soup & Smoked Beer Braised Brisket Chowder
- Mill Creek Pizza – Holiday Chicken Corn Chowder
- Molly’s Irish Grille and Sports Pub – Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Pho Le
- Social Still – Chipotle Tomato
- Southside 313 Bar & Grille – Bloody Mary Bisque with a grilled cheese crouton
- Spinnerstown Hotel – Local Mushroom Soup with a truffle butternut squash puree and candied shitake mushroom & Smoky Chicken and Bean with lime crema and pickled jalapeños
- Steel Club
- The Bayou
- The View at Morgan Hill – Wake and Bake Boar Chili & Reuben Chowder
- Volpe’s Sports Bar – Hungarian Paprikash
Proceeds from the Souper Bowl support ArtsQuest’s art and education programs for area students. Since the first Souper Bowl, more than $120,000 has been raised from the event to support local arts programming.
The ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks is located at 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem. For more information on the event, visit www.steelstacks.org.
Information and image provided to TVL by:
Mark Demko, ArtsQuest