Weekend Playoffs – All tickets $7 at the door
Friday 2/21 Girls Basketball Vs. Stroudsburg @ Pleasant Valley 6pm
Saturday 2/22 Boys Basketball vs. Easton @ Allen 2:30pm
2/24 – 2-28 – 8th Annual World Language Week at PHS – Door Decorating Contest kicks off the week, Language club service projects will occur throughout the week.
These are a few of the week’s events:
Monday 2/24 International Cake Contest and International Fashion Show 7 PM in the PHS Café, $3 tasting fee
Tuesday 2/25 Fat Tuesday Breakfast Celebration for faculty
Wednesday 2/26 Cultural/Heritage Dress Day
Thursday 2/27 Caribbean Food Fiesta — B103
Friday 2/28 World Language Week Videos and Guest Speaker Presentations
2/24-2/28 – National Public Schools Week
OMS and SMS Musicals open on March 5th:
This year, Springhouse Middle School will be presenting Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella G2K
Dates/times: Thursday 3/5 7pm; Friday 3/6 7pm; Saturday 3/7 2pm; Sunday 3/8 2pm. General admission seating.
This is an adaptation of the famous fairy tale complete with the fairy godmother, prince charming, and a glass slipper.
Check out the information for a special event on 3/7 from 12-1pm entitled, “Cupcakes and Crepes with Cinderella.”
Orefield Middle School will be presenting the classic musical Guys and Dolls Jr.
Dates/times: Thursday 3/5 7pm; Friday 3/6 7pm; Saturday 3/7 2pm & 7pm. Reserved seating.
The stories of Damon Runyan appear live on stage with a classic group of characters such as Nathan Detroit, Sky Masterson, Sister Sarah, and Adelaine. Songs including “Luck be a Lady” and “I’ve Never Been in Love Before” are part of the fun and excitement of the play.
The shows run around an hour and a half with intermission so it is perfect for younger audience members.
Admission to the shows are $7 each and will be available at the door for all shows.
Tweets of the Week:
- We’re seeking Physics, Math and Tech Ed contracted teachers for Parkland High School. Click here for more info: https://t.co/XRTDR5Cbhp https://t.co/pupA6GI5iN Feb 21, 2020
- Hana Yang is a Parkland student running for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s 2020 Student of the Year. Her parents are singing at a FREE concert tomorrow at Penn and all are invited. If you’d like to donate to Hana’s campaign, here is her fundraising page: https://t.co/6ENeV0yqkJ https://t.co/KWqmulbHRP Feb 21, 2020
- SMS and OMS students are competing for the People’s Choice Award. “What’s so Cool about Manufacturing” at Sharp Packaging and Packaging Corp of America is featured in their videos: https://t.co/jybxPVIU6w Voting ends at 11:59 PM tonight! https://t.co/PUJyXsksOU Feb 21, 2020
- Dine out at Sunset Grille tonight to support the Girls’ Basketball Booster Club! https://t.co/hquZg64PZt Feb 19, 2020
- 5th grade parents from across the District: The “Puberty & Reproductive Health Program” for parents will be held this evening at 6:30 PM at Fogelsville Elem School. https://t.co/Nzq9nk0hXU Feb 19, 2020
- It’s time to schedule that Kindergarten Registration Appointment if you have a child that is turning 5 prior to September 1st this year! Instructions, dates and times are listed here: https://t.co/H5EBZLPjUa https://t.co/pQcBoTRVjW Feb 15, 2020
- Spring Musical Tickets are on sale: https://t.co/1wG4AmF5DB https://t.co/HW53W9gPku Feb 15, 2020
- Hey Parkland Staff: It’s a long weekend. Take advantage of the time and write for a Parkland Education Foundation grant to fund that great idea that’s been brewing in your brain! Apps are due March 31st. Only Parkland Staff may apply: https://t.co/eUZGIR4LdV https://t.co/eYHfCIJdC4 Feb 14, 2020
- Happy Gratitine’s Day! Say thank you to someone you LOVE today. Loved, loved, loved, getting this GIANT card from the students at Kernsville this week! #LoveParkland https://t.co/XW9M8p21sz Feb 14, 2020
Information Provided By:
Nicole Mehta McGalla
Director, Community Relations & Development
Parkland School District
1210 Springhouse Rd.
Allentown, PA 18104
Facebook: Parkland School District