Northampton County Executive Lamont McClure and the Division of Parks & Recreation will accept applications for the 2023 Livable Landscapes Grant Program beginning January 26th until 1:00 pm, March 30, 2023.
The Livable Landscapes Grant Program provides grant opportunities for land conservation, ecological restoration, education, and municipal park rehabilitation and development in Northampton County.
The Division of Parks and Recreation will host a mandatory grant workshop on Thursday, February 16, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm in the Education Room at Jacobsburg Environmental Education Center, Nazareth.
- All interested applicants need to:
- Attend this mandatory grant workshopto learn about the 2023 grant priorities, revised grant guidelines, and briefly discuss their project intent.
- Schedule an individual meetingwith Sherry Acevedo, Conservation Coordinator.
- Download grant related forms on the Northampton County website, Parks & Recreation page: https://www.northamptoncounty.org/PUBWRKS/PARKREC/Pages/default.aspx
- Applicationsare due by 1 pm, March 30th electronically (PDF format) only.
- Email applications to Sherry Acevedo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For larger file sizes, please contact Sherry for more information.
“Livable Landscapes funding is essential for municipal park improvements, outdoor recreation, regional trails, ecological restoration, and open space land conservation within the County”, remarks Lamont G. McClure, County Executive. “Open Space plays a vital role in the quality of life in our communities by protecting the environment, connecting our greenways and waterways, and providing overall health and wellness benefits.”
The purpose of the grant program is to protect the County’s important natural features by assisting municipalities and organizations to acquire, restore, and enhance permanently protected lands to conserve natural resources and provide outdoor recreation for future generations. Since 2006, Northampton County awarded $19.735 million in Livable Landscapes grants for successful local and regional park improvements, recreation, land conservation, ecological restoration, and trail projects.
Any updates will be posted on Facebook NorCoParks and Trails.
For additional information contact:
Sherry L. Acevedo, Conservation Coordinator
Northampton County Parks & Recreation
Information provided to TVL by:
Northampton County Government Center
669 Washington Street
Easton, PA 18042