A creative day of art, music and workshops for all ages to enjoy!
Bethlehem, PA, March 31, 2023 – ArtsQuest invites the community to a free, family-friendly Block Party, being held at the Banana Factory Arts Center, 25 W. Third St., on Bethlehem’s SouthSide, on Saturday, May 20, 2023. The event, taking place from 12 to 6 p.m., will feature live music, exhibitions, art workshops and more.
“ArtsQuest is thrilled to once again host the Banana Factory Block Party, an event that brings the community together through the arts,” commented Lisa Harms, ArtsQuest’s Senior Director of Visual Arts and Education. “This year’s party features plenty of unique opportunities for families to engage with music, artmaking, dance, public art and more. Additionally, visitors can explore the exhibitions, artist studios and the ArtsQuest Glass Studio inside the Banaba Factory Arts Center.”
Formerly known as the SouthSide Arts & Music Festival (SSAMF), this one-day art-inclusive celebration will feature a variety of programming, all free to the community:
- Music and Dance
- Musical Performances Big Easy Easton Brass Band and Music by Nite Liters, LLC
- Dance performance and instruction
- Visual Arts
- Mural arts with Musikfest poster artist Maltas Con Leche
- Community art project with sculptor Coral Lambert
- Bob Ross Paint-along
- Free artmaking for families
- Featured Exhibitions by Megan Wolensky
- An Uncommon Thread: Fashion As Fine Art
- Fire & From Glass
- Meg Wolensky Solo Exhibition
- Student exhibitions with ArtSmart and Teen Takeover programs
- Open artist studios including glassblowing in the ArtsQuest Glass Studio
- ArtsQuest Sensory Space for sensory-friendly programming
Featured vendors include The Bethlehem Area Public Library, The Wicked Botanist and MAKE Lehigh Valley. Food will be provided by local food trucks and a cash bar will be available.
ArtsQuest’s mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities. ArtsQuest™ supports this mission via the presentation of performing and visual arts, film, arts education classes and outreach, youth programming and cultural events.
Through festivals such as its flagship event, Musikfest; the Banana Factory Arts Center; and the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest’s programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. The organization’s programs and events, over 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
Information provided to TVL by: