Photos by: John DelGrosso
Today was the Pride in the Park Festival organized by Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley (PrideGLV). Held each August on the grounds of Cedar Beach Park in Allentown, the event has become the area’s premiere outdoor event for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and allied community of the Greater Lehigh Valley and beyond.
Pride in the Park Highlights include:
- Top-Notch Entertainment – Enjoy some of the best gay and allied entertainers under the covered, stage tent.
- Charity Bingo – Fighting Aids Continuously Together (F.A.C.T.) of the Lehigh Valley will host Bingo throughout the day featuring local celebrity callers. Proceeds benefit F.A.C.T.
- The Pride Pub – Festival attendees twenty-one years of age and older are welcome to enjoy the festival’s “social hot-spot” featuring draft and malt beverage products.
- The Wine Bar – Reds, whites and everything in between will be poured at the Pride in the Park Wine Bar, brought to you by Barefoot Wines. Festival goers can enjoy a variety of wines over period at the wine bar located near the main stage.
- Kid-space – Metropolitan Community Church of the Lehigh Valley welcomes all to enjoy crafts more at this special tent created for families with younger ones in mind.
- Over 100 Vendors/Merchants and Non-Profit Organizations.