Keller Williams Northampton County Team Marks Annual RED Day By Creating Organic Garden For Easton Children’s Home
Bethlehem, Pa. – Brokers, agents, associates and their family and friends will pool their resources and donate their time May 14 for the 7th Annual Keller Williams RED Day celebration of community service by creating an organic garden at The Children’s Home of Easton.
“There will be more than 70 agents from our Bethlehem and Allentown offices there to prepare a 100 x 100 area to be used for an organic garden,” said Denise Sebesta, a Realtor in the Bethlehem office and public relations contact for the Northampton County Market Centers. “This garden will be planted and harvested by the residents of the home and used to feed them and the community. We will also be doing various other landscaping jobs on the premises such as mulching and pulling weeds.”
The idea behind RED Day is that Keller Williams associates nationwide actively engage in a coordinated effort to improve their local community. Activities run the gamut from rehabbing a house to cleaning up a local trail or providing food for the homeless or any service related activity needed in their community.
This event is an entrenched part of Keller Williams Realty’s culture and displays the extraordinary effect a company can have when individuals come together to work as a team for the greater good of everyone.
Over the past seven years team members in the Lehigh Valley Market Centers have:
– Conducted a food drive for the Second Harvest Food Bank (2009);
– Cleaned up and mulched outside grounds at Gracedale in Nazareth (2010);
– Cleaned up and mulched walking trail at Louis Moore Park (2011);
– Cleaned up outside garden area, planted flowers, and mulched 2012 at The Lodge, also known as The Mental Health Recovery Lodge of Northampton County , operated by RHD (Resources for Human Development, Inc.) under contract with Northampton County to provide a supportive housing program for adults with mental illness. (2012);
– Painted the inside Bethlehem Library South Side Branch (2013); and
– Painted inside and cleaned up and mulched outside grounds of The Easton’s Children Home (2014).
“As Gary Keller says, ‘Red Day isn’t about cleaning up a park. It is a one-day expression of what happens 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Keller Williams culture. Seeing a need, discovering who can meet that need and getting it done,’ +” Sebesta said. “We believe giving is living and in doing so, we are changing lives and making people happy.
About Keller Williams Realty, Inc.:
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate franchise company in the United States, with approximately 700 offices and 80,000 associates around the world. The company has grown exponentially since the opening of the first Keller Williams Realty office in 1983, and continues to cultivate an agent-centric, education-based, technology-driven culture that rewards associates as stakeholders. The company also provides specialized agents in luxury homes and commercial real estate properties. For more information or to search for homes for sale visit Keller Williams Realty online at (http://www.kw.com/). For more information about KWWorldwide, please visit (http://www.kwworldwide.com/).
For More Information:
Public Relations Contact
Keller Williams Culture Committee