Medicare Annual Enrollment Period Runs Through Dec. 7
HARRISBURG – Capital Blue Cross’ Medicare Advantage offerings for 2023 will continue to provide the strong access, affordability, flexibility, and benefits Medicare beneficiaries have come to expect from Capital, with some improvements.
Capital’s existing BlueJourney Select PPO plan is getting a new name – Capital Blue Cross Select PPO – with enhanced benefits, and three new Medicare Advantage PPO plans are being introduced:
- Capital Blue Cross Enhanced PPO
- Capital Blue Cross Value PPO
- Capital Blue Cross | WellSpan Value PPO
“Our Medicare Advantage plans are evolving to better meet the changing needs and expectations of Medicare enrollees,” said Capital Blue Cross Senior Vice President of Government Programs Frank Fernández. “More importantly, we have built a reputation for making it easy for our members to understand and use their benefits, so whichever plan you choose, we’ll continue to go the extra mile to be a reliable, trusted partner in your healthcare.”
Capital has a variety of plans to fit different needs and budgets, including $0 premium HMOs and PPOs, and offers robust market-leading benefits, including dental, vision, hearing, transportation, and a flexible over-the-counter allowance.
Other highlights of Capital Blue Cross’ Medicare Advantage offerings for 2023 include:
- More plan options with $0 copays for tier-1 drugs at preferred pharmacies.
- An over-the-counter (OTC) prescription medication allowance that is quarterly instead of monthly, providing more flexibility to buy non-prescription health and wellness products when you need them.
- Most plans have “per stay” inpatient hospital copays rather than “per day” copays, which can save money on extended hospital stays.
- Some plans now include six visits for routine/preventive chiropractic and six routine podiatry visits.
- Certain plans offer lowered copays for specialist visits and X-rays.
To help Medicare-eligible individuals make informed decisions, Capital is hosting several informational seminars throughout our 21-county service area. Individuals can register to attend a seminar at CapitalBlueMedicare.com or by calling 1-833-201-7290 (TTY: 711).
Anyone with questions also can visit one of our Capital Blue Cross Connect health and wellness centers, where a representative can sit down with you personally for one-on-one assistance.
About Capital Blue Cross
Capital Blue Cross serves a 21-county region in Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley by offering health insurance products, services and technology solutions that provide peace of mind and promote health and wellness for our members. We focus on simplifying and personalizing the healthcare experience and using innovative solutions – including patient-focused care models, actionable data, and digital health technologies – to create healthier lives and lower healthcare costs. Our Capital Blue Cross Connect health and wellness centers provide in-person service and inspiration to help people reach their health goals. Capital Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Information provided to TVL by:
Senior Public Relations Specialist | Brand & Market Strategy