(Allentown, Pa)- The Lehigh County Office of Aging & Adult Services is now accepting nominations for its 2019 Unsung Heroes Program. The program is part of Older Americans Month celebrated during the month of May.
In order to be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 60 years of age.
- Must be a Lehigh County resident.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service must be performed on a volunteer basis, not paid.
- Have performed outstanding contributions or services that promoted, enhanced and enriched the quality of life for others.
- Must be available to attend the Unsung Hero celebration on Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
The Unsung Heroes Program is meant to celebrate Lehigh County’s 60 and over population for their generosity, and selfless contribution of their time and talent in service to improving the lives of others.
Nomination forms are available on Lehigh County’s Aging and Adult Services page at the link below:
Nominations must be posted marked by March 8th, 2019.
The Unsung Heroes Event will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 1:00 P.M at the Zentz Community Center, Fellowship Hall, 3000 Fellowship Drive in Whitehall, PA.
Information provided to TVL by:
Public Information Officer
County of Lehigh, Office of the County Executive
17 S. 7th Street, 4th Floor, Suite 436
Allentown, PA 18101