The Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber of Commerce, a proud partner of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, and Mobile Technology Graphics are proud to present the 2022 Light Up Night on Friday, November 25th from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM in the Morris J. Dimmick Park.
Join them for a fun-filled evening as they kick off the holiday season with what is shaping up to be their biggest holiday celebration yet! “We could not be more thrilled with how this event is turning out!”, said Jessica O’Donnell-Gower, Executive Vice President of Affiliated Chambers and the Northern Tier for the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce. “This event and the participation has grown over the last few years is truly incredible. We’re bringing back our crowd favorites and adding a few twists to keep it fresh. The Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber Board,my team, and I look forward to welcoming everyone back to Morris J. Dimmick Park for a spectacular night. This is the ultimate kick-off to the holiday season and a great way to ignite your holiday spirit!”
The evening is jam-packed with family activities for people of all ages! Live reindeer will be back at this year’s event along with an ice carving demonstration and holiday characters. Children’s activities will be available with local nonprofits and businesses, as well as cash wagon rides that will be ongoing throughout the evening and cash pony rides, this year, too! In addition, free hot chocolate, coffee, cider, and cookies will be available for attendees! A holiday craft market called Vendor Alley, will be hosted in Dewey Fire Company’s Social Hall, Frontline at the Dewey, featuring local vendors. Food will be available outdoors from, Hausman Fruit Farm, Cosmic Kettle Corn, Big Poppa’s Backyard BBQ, RK Mobile Foods, and Why Not Burgerz. Cash adult beverages will be provided by Lost Tavern Brewing, Black River Farms Vineyard and Winery, Wardog Spirits, and well as Five Maidens Cidery (with 10% of all their proceeds benefiting our community). The Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber will also be handing out 500 Holiday Shopping Booklets with coupons from local businesses, as they encourage people to #shoplocal for the holiday season.
Presenting Sponsor, Zac Estojak of Mobile Technology Graphics, shared, “MTG is proud to partner with the HLS Chamber and the Hellertown Borough to help produce this annual holiday tradition for our local community. With chaos going on all around us, this event gives everybody in the community a few hours to slow down and come together while kicking off the festive Holiday Season. From doing events around the United States, Hellertown has some of the best community based events in the nation and when we see people leave Light Up Night in the joyful holiday spirit, this is confirmed.”
Entertainment will begin in Morris J. Dimmick Park at 4:00 PM. For a full list of performers, view the website. The Tree Lighting will commence with Santa’s arrival at 7:00 PM, followed by pictures with Santa and a special giveaway for each child at 7:10 PM.
Kim Rosario, Chair of the Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber’s Board, commented, “As the holidays draw near and our signature event, Light Up Night, approaches, we would like to extend a special thanks to our committee, volunteers, and sponsors for their continued dedication throughout the year. This event has so many moving parts and it would not be possible without them. We can’t wait to see you at Light Up Night so that you can enjoy everything this spectacular evening has to offer! If you’re not there, “yule” be missed! Don’t forget that Small Business Saturday is the following day, November 27th. If you’re looking to spruce up your holiday wish list, we encourage you to buy local and shop small from any of our wonderful Hellertown-Lower Saucon merchants.
Find the Facebook event page here.
Find the event listing on the Lehigh Valley Chamber’s event calendar here.
Where: Morris J. Dimmick Park (570 Durham Street, Hellertown PA)
Time: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Schedule of Events:
- 4:30-6:30 PM: Ice Carving Demonstration
- 5:00 PM: Caroling by the Hellertown-Lower Saucon Community Chorus
- 5:25 PM: Pledge to the Flag with the Saucon Valley Cub Scouts Pack 349
- 5:30-7:30 PM: Roaming Holiday Characters (Olaf, Anna, Elsa & the Grinch)
- 5:40 PM: Demonstration by the students of Saucon Valley Karate Academy
- 6:00 PM: Caroling by the Saucon Valley High School’s Challenge Choir
- 6:30 PM: Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber & Elected Officials welcome, invocation from Minister Jaime VanNostrand of Christ Lutheran Church, & Tree Lighting Ceremony
- 7:00 PM: Santa Arrives
- 7:10 PM: Pictures in front of the stage with Santa Claus
- 7:30 PM: Music provided by the Saucon Valley High School Band
Pricing Information: Free to attend. Food, adult beverages, cash wagon rides, cash pony rides, and items from vendors will be available for purchase.
- Presenting Sponsor: Mobile Technology Graphics
- Reindeer Sponsor: Farmers Insurance – The Wimbish Agency
- Ice Carver Sponsor: Saucon Valley Insurance Services & Service Electric TV
- Toy Giveaway Sponsors: Heintzelman Funeral Home, & Creekview Veterinary Hospital
- Kid’s Craft Kit Sponsors: Quest Termite and Pest
- Vendor Alley Sponsor: Dewey Fire Co. #1 & Frontline at the Dewey
- Holiday Shopping Booklet Presenting Sponsor: Designing Wealth Management of Raymond James
- Santa’s Ride Sponsor: Hellertown Auto Wash & Ellite Pool Services
- Candy Cane Sponsors: Saucon Valley Insurance Services & Saucon Valley Bikes
- Warm Hands Sponsors: Truist & Carl Volkman and Sons HVAC LLC
- Tractor Ride Sponsor: Steel Club & Hausman Fruit Farms
- Hot Chocolate & Cookie Sponsors:, Giant of Hellertown, Hellertown Dental Group, Steel City Mennonite Church, & The Meadow of Saucon Valley, ASR Media Productions, Lost River Caverns, Unrivaled Nutrition and Training, Weiss Schantz Industries, & Lindsay O. Albert E.A.,
- Holiday Spirit Sponsor: Sam’s Club of Allentown
- Print Sponsor: Working Dog Press & Fast Signs of Easton
- Comfort Station Sponsors: Saucon Valley Karate Academy & TS PR & Event Planning
- Decoration Sponsors: House & Land Real Estate,& Sunny Life Coach
- Supporting Sponsors: The Goddard School – Center Valley, Sam’s Club of Allentown, & Hellertown NAPA Auto Parts
- Special Thanks To: The Borough of Hellertown and their Public Works Team for helping make this event possible and Lower Saucon Township for their support!
Committee: Rod Long (Chair), Brandon Wimbish, Kendra Snyder, Zac Estojak, Melissa Bullard, Tiffany Sondergaard, Jessica O’Donnell-Gower, Nicole Miles, & Kate Harney
Interested in getting involved with or supporting the Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber? Contact either Jessica O’Donnell (JessicaO@lehighvalleychamber.org) or Nicole Miles (NicoleM@lehighvalleychamber.org) or Kate Hartney (KateH@lehighvalleychamber.org) for more information.
About the Chamber: The mission of The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce is to improve the economy and quality of life in the Lehigh Valley Metropolitan Area. We accomplish this through business-to-business networking events and marketing products, affinity programs and exclusive, money saving member benefits, training programs, government affairs initiatives and public policy advocacy, and community development enterprises. With nearly 5,000 members who employ more than 200,000, the Chamber is the largest in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and in the top ten nationwide.
Information provided to TVL by:
Manager of Affiliated Chambers
(GBACC, HLSCC, & NACC)
Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce