Allentown School District announces the following events will take place between in our schools between May 16-27. As always, below are some highlights to consider for next week:
ASD Kindergarten Registration:
o May 16 (Monday): Central Elementary School, 829 W. Turner Street – 484-765-4800
- May 17; 2:50 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Staff vs. Student Volleyball Game at South Mountain Middle School
- May 17; 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Washington Elementary School’s Egg Drop Challenge
- May 17; 7:00 p.m.: ASD Elementary Instrumental Music Concert at Mosser Elementary School located at 129 S. Dauphin Street.
- May 17; 7:00 p.m.: Harrison-Morton Middle School Spring Band/Chorus Concert, $2 admission.
- May 18; 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Cleveland Elementary School’s Egg Drop Challenge
- May 19; 7:00 p.m.: ASD Elementary Spring Concert at Trexler Middle School featuring Ramos Elementary Band and Orchestra and Muhlenberg and Union Terrace Elementary Band.
- May 20 and 21at 7:00 p.m. and May 22 at 2:00 p.m. Raub Middle School presents Annie, Jr. in the Auditorium located at 102 S. St. Cloud Street. Admission is $5 per person.
- May 25; 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Showcase of Academic Excellence – ASD and the ASD Foundation present the 2nd annual showcase event at Allentown Symphony Hall. Recognizing the excellence of student works, creations and long-term projects. Students will present their projects at the showcase. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- May 25; 6:30 p.m.: ASD Elementary Spring Band/Orchestra Concert at Dodd Elementary including students from Central, Cleveland, Dodd, Lehigh Parkway, McKinley and Washington Elementary Schools. This is a FREE concert.
- May 27; 7:00 p.m.: Allen Extravaganza including the Mr. Allen Competition in the Dr. John McHugh Auditorium at William Allen High School.
- May 28; 9:00 a.m.: “Most Musical 5K You’ll Ever Run” will have musicians stationed along the course in Cedar Beach Park. Proceeds benefit the WAHS Chorale. Register online at: http://musicontherun5k.com/
- May 28; 5:00 p.m. – 10:45 p.m.: Allen Prom will be held in Muhlenberg College’s Seegers Union Building.
See attached release for more information.
Information provided by:
Kimberly Golden Benner
Director of Communications
Allentown School District